Tuesday, January 28, 2014

#20 "Caaaan You Feeeel The Looooooove Toniiiight"

So someone in Komatsu ward must have fallen on the ice and hit his head so hard because next thing I know they're asking me to speak in sacrament meeting. WAHT. But yeah! I gave a talk!! It was probably the shortest one I have ever given, but it was pretty good. I talked about charity, the pure love of Christ. I said that when I was little, I used to think it just meant giving things away, but that I now know it means so much more than that. I know that it really is the strongest, most powerful love, and that we should all strive to have it. I also had the opportunity to tell the Komatsu ward that they are awesome! Haha even though they asked me to give a talk...
 
Komatsu ward is about 50 members, and every single person is awesome. They all have such strong faith, they inspire me. I have a paper sitting on my lap right now with a list of names of all the people who have done super nice things for me that I was originally planning on typing up for you all, but I figured that might be mendokusai (hasslesome or bothersome) for those of you who are bad with names (that would include me), especially Japanese names (also including me - remind me again, God, why you thought it would be a good idea to send me to Japan?). Instead I'll just tell you about how sweet they are and about how strong their faith is.
 
They are SO sweet! They gave us an entire boxfull of presents for Christmas. We got tights, hot packs, and a whole lot of junk food. They have a fruit basket that every week on Sunday is magically filled by the members of the ward. They invite us over for dinner, or when we come to appointments they make okonomiyaki because they know it's my favorite. Aren't they awesome??! Man, I wish I was as nice as they are. I've got some good examples to follow in this ward.
 
They also have incredible faith. ONE of the TWO young men (boys ages 12-18, there are only two in this ward), comes to Seminary every week for two hours straight, and he is the ONLY STUDENT. He comes to all the ward events, and even though he has no one his age to talk to, he plays with the little kids, or even talks to me! His name is Jun Kobayashi. He has incredible faith, and a powerful testimony.
 
Another woman is philipino, and she lives with one of her three kids. Her other two kids live with her husband who left her after 10 years of marriage because she joined the church when he told her not to. She has the strongest faith I have ever seen. Her name is Teresa Mori. She's so strong.
 
These are only two of the many members of this ward. I could go on forever, continuing down this list I have, but I'll spare you the time and hope you'll understand when I tell you that I am so inspired by these people. They are so strong, I am lucky to be working with them.
 
Can you feel the love tonight? - in the icy, snowy cold night of Komatsu, I certainly can.
It is where we are - Right here, in this ward.
 
It's enough to make kings and vagabonds - And even tired missionaries
Believe the very best  - very day I am so inspired and rejuvenated to work my hardest. They are such a great example to me, and I can feel and see the power of their testimonies. They make me believe the very best, I can do my best for them.