Monday, July 14, 2014

#43 "Mother Knows Best"



Do you remember that song from Tangled, when the mother goes on about how she knows better than Rapunzel, and how Rapunzel needs to trust her? Lately these words come to my mind;

"Mother knows best, take it from your Mumsy, on your own you won't survive! Sloppy, under-dressed, immature, clumsy? please, they'll eat you up alive!" 

Partly because the lady who sings it does a really good job and in other part, although she is not (too) sloppy, under-dressed, immature, or clumsy, I worry sometimes that my Bean, my trainee, won't make it on her own. Haha lately I've had my patience tested as I've taught my best in Japanese, but realized that only so much of what I said really went in. I know I just need to take a breath and let the stress go, and realize that while our time together is going fast, I need to teach her what she needs to know. I've come to realize that what I need her to know and what she needs to know are sometimes different. A lot of the times, I find myself on my knees asking Him what she needs to know because He knows better than I do. 

It makes me laugh how they compare training to motherhood...Momma, I have a new-found respect for you. Haha Happy Birthday this week!! I love you.