Sunday, November 3, 2013

#8 "Almost There"


And the countdown begins! I'll be back in my home country in 16 days today and boy do I miss it!! It's weird because I'm so scared to go and so excited at the same time. I'm scared to death of this language, but I'm so ready to just GO. 

This week has just been a week of adjustment. The new district is very loving and I feel right at home with them. We do work, but we also love to have fun. Sometimes it's hard to find a balance, but we're learning! 

As per request, I'll talk a little bit about the language, p-day, and the MTC food. (Any other requests are welcome! Just shoot me an email; amelia.johnson@myldsmail.net )
The language is hard to pick up sometimes. The teachers focus less on actually teaching the language and more on how to learn it yourself. Which could work, but sometimes it just means that my grammar is interesting. Still as long as the message gets across I know I'll be alright with my very very simple Japanese. 

P-day is different every Saturday. Seeing as it's the only time that we don't have planned out almost minute-by-minute, we like to do things however we feel like. We wake up around 6 or 7, do laundry, reply to emails, eat, organize, clean, and go to the temple. We do have about an hour of study that we have to do in the middle of it, but besides that, it's a nice break from the books. They don't give us much time, by 4 we're off to dinner and then back to class. They sure do keep us on our toes. 

The food...is interesting. My momma will be happy to know that I miss her home-cooking very very much. 

I think I'll stop here and leave you all with my Disney reference for this week. "Almost There" from The Princess Frog seems to fit best. I'm not the best with the lyrics, but the random ones I do remember are perfect.

"Ain't got time for fooling around, that's just gonna have to wait a while." As much fun as I've had with my district, these last couple of days are when I need to crack down and study harder than ever before. I got a packing list from my mission president the other day, and I no longer have time to joke around; I have to study! I love my new district to bits, but I'm just gonna have to wait until we all get off our missions to have some fun.

"I'm getting closer and closer every day, and I'm almost there. Yes I'm almost there." 16 days in counting. Every day I am one day closer to Japan. I'm almost there, I just have 16 more days. I can't give up now, I just gotta keep working. 

"There's been trials and tribulations, you know I've had my share. But I've climbed a mountain and I've crossed a river and I'm almost there." I've had some hard moments during my MTC stay, but they're not going to hold me back. I know that with God, I can do anything. I'm almost there.