Wednesday, November 13, 2013

#9 "Part of Your World"

Nothing really to report this week so I'll keep it short. Finally got my travel plans, and I am outta here on the morning of the 18th. I'll be flying first to Detroit, and then connecting to Nagoya, Japan. The countdown has officially reached single digits and I have officially reached the point where I'm back to the bipolar thoughts. In one moment I think that I can't go, there's no way I'm ready and in the next, I think I just need to hop on the plane and GO. We'll see how this plays out...

This week's Disney reference will be in loving memory of Lexi Johnson. In The Little Mermaid, the song Part of Your World seems to fit those moments where I just want to GO.

"Look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think my collection's complete? Wouldn't you think I'm the girl, the girl who has everything?...I've got gadgets and gizmos a plenty. I've got who's-its and what's-its galore. You want thing-a-ma-bobs? I got twenty. But who cares? no big deal. I want more."

Here at the MTC, I've got some pretty great collection of textbooks. I've got "gadgets", "gizmos", "who's-its", "what's-its", and "thing-a-ma-bobs". While they've entertained me for the past 8 weeks, I want more.

"I wanna be where the people are...Up where the walk, up where they run, up where they play all day in the sun, Wandering free, wish I could be, part of your world."

I WANNA BE WHERE THE PEOPLE ARE! I want to be in Japan! I want to be wandering free, teaching anyone and everyone. I just want to be part of their world! I can't wait.

Well I hope everything at home is going great! Shoot me an email if there is anything specific you want to hear about (amelia.johnson@myldsmail.net).

Your missionary,
Johnson Shimai