Monday, December 22, 2014

#63 "Human Again"

For the first week, we were busy, in and out of conferences, going on companion exchanges and then I got sick, things were just crazy! But we finally made it through. Haha sickness-wise, I no longer have any idea what goes on with my body anymore. They say that when you finish your mission, you 'die', but then your body also literally falls apart. I've watched old missionaries just exchange all the problems with their bodies like a bunch of grandmas, and instead of just listening, now I'm joining in the conversation! Oh well, my body can rest later, I want to work!!

 In the second week, we were just busy with preparations for Christmas parties, missionary conferences and all sorts of caroling. I honestly get so tired by the end of the day, I just love the last thirty minutes of my day, when I get to relax and talk to my companion, the other sisters, and lay in my futon. 

So recently I was thinking about Disney's Beauty and the Beast (they're posters are everywhere in Japan, apparently they're doing the Musical in Nagoya right now) and I remembered a song from the extended version of the movie, that is actually in the musical, but it's called "Human Again". All the characters, the clock, candlestick, tea pot, and others sing about how they think the spell they're under will be broken soon, and they day dream about how nice it will be to become human again.

The clock, Cogsworth, sings;

"When I'm human again, when I'm human again, 
when the world finally starts making sense,
I'll unwind for a change...

...Wouldn't that be strange!"(The candlestick, Lumiere, cuts in)

(Cogsworth continues...)

"I can't help it if I'm t-t-tense!"

I may not be as tightly wound as Cogsworth, but when I hit up the real world again I can't wait to be able to relax some and see if I can also be human again!

Haha sorry it's short, but I promise more details next week! I love you all! 
 
 

(The picture is of, from right to left; Sister Yamashita, the wife of my mission president, ME, the strangest missionary you ever did meet, and Sister Ringwood, the wife of President Ringwood who came for a tour of our mission! It was good to see people from my home ward again)