Wednesday, December 10, 2014

#62 "Go the Distance"

 
New Companion in Yokkaichi, December 2014
 
So if Hercules is willing to 'go the distance', I should probably be too. Instead, I'm very tired and found myself at the end of this week just wanting to stay for two nights in a row in the same apartment...

In other words, my week was busy.

On Monday I was spending my last day in Fukutoku, with a long-time-no-see companion, Sister Abe! She came from Suwa (her companion was ending her mission, so she needed a place to stay until she received her next companion) and spent the day with me! We laughed at all of our old jokes and even made a couple more. She's already going on transfer 5! My baby is growing up!! 

On Tuesday, I headed to Nagoya station to be transferred to Yokkaichi! I spent the day getting to know my new companion and area, getting my luggage from the shipping company and trying to visit a couple members. 

On Wednesday we did as much visiting members as we could, but by the evening I was in Meito, to spend the night nearby for a conference the next day.

All of Thursday I was at the Missionary Leadership Council, which despite its necessity, is very long. But I was able to finally make it back to Yokkaichi for the night!! 

Friday we had to make more plans for the upcoming week and for the transfer. I did my best to finally start unpacking and cleaning and putting away (cleaning this apartment is high up in my life's ambitions: it needs some help...). We were able meet with the elders of our area and learn that the next day, a senior missionary couple were coming to use our baptismal font, and needed us to set everything up and do all the music (my companion can play the piano...SCORE!). 

So that"s what we did on Saturday! We helped someone get baptized. She was so cute; she was so nervous and couldn't stop smiling. So so precious. 

Sunday I finally got to meet all the members, but everything was crazy because we had a certain Mr. Kobayashi come to church. He is one of our investigators, and is hands down the nicest guy you will ever have the pleasure of meeting. He was just so humble and kind, he even brought us lunch! (He didn't know it was fast Sunday, and I didn't have the heart to tell him haha). We were able to talk to him about the commandments, and how when we try them, we can learn that they're really from God. He's been pretty stressed about baptism recently, so we're trying not to talk so much about that right now, but every single person who has met him and talked to me about him knows that it is only a matter of time - he wants to be baptized, he just wants some time to think about it all. 

And now it's finally Monday, and my feet are so tired from all the traveling. I think I've gone 'the distance', and I think I know that I just want to belong to Yokkaichi for now!