Wednesday, February 26, 2014

#24 Wonderland

This week was going pretty well..until I got sick. Tuesday morning I woke up with one of the worst colds I've ever had. It completely threw me off of my game. I felt like I was moving in slow motion - I could not get up and do anything without getting dizzy and eventually collapsing onto my futon and sleeping for the next four hours. I was pretty sick for about two days or so, but my companion and I realized that the longer we would stay in the apartment, the harder it became to do even the simplest of things. It was rather like a Wonderland. I would rest, hoping to get better, but it seemed like nothing got better and time had no rules. Nothing seemed to make any sense. 
 
Finally a few days later we made it up and out of that rabbit hole. I still wasn't feeling 100%, or even 75%, but I figured I had spent enough time in Wonderland, and I just needed to get out. Since then, time has resumed it's usual course, and we've been going back to our usual routine.
 
This past week feels like it was pretty uneventful, and I realize that sickness will do that to you and healing takes time (I'm still waiting on that extra patience I ordered). We were able to plan more for the next week, and I have to say I'm pretty excited for the activities that this coming week holds. We've made a lot of appointments with members, and more with our investigators. Grant Shimai is awesome at finding people to teach, so now we teach a total of six people about  the gospel. I can't wait to meet with them - gotta love missionary life!