Tuesday, February 18, 2014

#23 "True To Your Heart"

I know it's only been one week, but I already love my companion. She's fantastic! Her name is Sister Grant. She is from Price, Utah, she loves to sing, she loves sweatpants, she's gorgeous, and she's so funny!! I absolutely adore her.
 
This week was mainly showing her around Komatsu, and introducing her to the people there, as the weather would permit. That and just getting to know her - she's so great!! I swear we're twins or something because sometimes I'm about to say something and she says the exact sentence word-for-word what I was going to say. Sometimes we just get carried away talking, I absolutely love her.
 
This week I certainly met a challenge. One of the people we had been visiting had previously met with missionaries, and had been so close to having faith in God, but she had to stop when her husband passed away. Missionaries had visited her since then, but she didn't continue to try as hard as she had in the past to gain a relationship with God. This week, I asked her one more time, please just try to pray again, to know if this is true. I told her that because I had tried, I KNEW it was true. I told her that I know that God lives and loves me. As I told her I felt my heart burning, I could feel God in the room with us. I felt so close to Him, like He was sitting at the table with us. I asked her to try again, and that I know she can know for herself. She wouldn't answer my question, but instead said something sort of round-about. I asked again, and she didn't give a direct answer. This repeated, where I would ask, she would not answer, and I would tell her that I knew she could do it if she truly wanted to. Eventually she told me that she didn't want me wasting my time, and that she was never going to try again.
 
I was heartbroken. I could not understand for the life of me why God would tell me to keep going, why He would fill me so strongly with His love, and ask me to share it with her, only to have her say no. I have a feeling that I will never know. But this much I do know;
 
"You must be true to your heart, and then the heavens will part and they will shower you with my love"
 
This song comes from the credits at the end of the film Mulan, and this week they hit me hard. I was true to my heart - I told her what I know to be true. It wasn't until I left her house, that I felt that over-whelmingly warm and loving feeling leave me that I realized God really had been there with me, even though she rejected my efforts. He did shower me with His love, and even though my heart is so broken for this woman, I still love her very much and I feel even more energized to do His work.