Monday, February 10, 2014

#22 "I Wanna Be Like You-Hoo-Hoo"

Every one holds their breath from the hours of 10 until 11AM on the morning of transfer calls. There is not a single sound, as we all try to focus on studying, but really listen to the sound of our hearts pounding waiting to see if the phone will ring and if our life for the next six weeks will change.
 
That might be a little more dramatic than reality, but in all honestly my heart was going crazy! We waiting on Saturday morning to see if we would get a phone call and sure enough, the phone rang. First they talked to Ishida Shimai. She is leaving Komatsu! She has been here since August, so she is out of here. She will be moving closer to Nagoya (so no more snow, she is so happy about that), to Okazaki. Then she passed the phone to me...
 
I get to stay! I cannot express how happy I am to stay in Komatsu. I love this ward, and I love this town - I don't think they could have moved me if they wanted to!! I get a new companion tomorrow, her name is Grant Shimai. I've only met her once, we ate lunch together in a group of sisters when we had a conference a couple weeks ago. She's older than me, both in age and mission-life. It's pretty exciting for me, and I cannot wait to show her around Komatsu!
 
So that's it for me - no more MTC, no more training, I'm officially an average missionary. I guess this means I should actually learn Japanese now...
 
My Disney reference for this week comes from Jungle Book. As my trainer leaves, I'm pretty sure I will sing this song to her;
 
"You'll see it's true-hoo-hoo, (she doesn't believe me yet)
an ape like me-hee-hee, (after living with me for three months, yeah she probably thinks I'm an ape)
can learn to be (after all of that training) 
like someone like you!" (hopefully...)
 
I don't know if she'll believe it, but here's to proving it's true!
がんばりましょう!