Monday, October 20, 2014

#56 "Something There That Wasn't There Before"

So this week has been short, but I've got two stories to tell you. 

On Wednesday, we were able to meet with Nakane san. She wasn't really interested in our message before - well she was interested by it, but didn't really want to apply it. But seeing as she was a friend of a member, we decided to invite her to come to church for General Conference. She was so excited to come and hear the talks, but a couple days before Sunday she called and said she couldn't make it. She was so sad that she had to work, but we offered to come to her house and show her how she could find the talks online. We set an appointment, and brought the member with us. We showed her President Uchtdorf's talk (https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2014/10/receiving-a-testimony-of-light-and-truth?lang=eng). After the talk, she got really quiet. I didn't dare move - I just felt like this was it, she was going to turn around and tell us that the talk was lovely but that she doesn't want to hear from us again. I could just tell that something big was going to happen, but I was afraid it wasn't a good thing. My companion asked her what she thought about the talk, and she just sat there for a minute or two in the quietness staring at the screen. She turned around and smiled at us and told us that what he said was truth. For the next hour, she proceeded to tell us how she had been trying to talk to God, but hadn't heard back from Him. She then told us how she knew He was there, and how she knew that she had met Him before. She told us how she wanted to return to Him, but that she wasn't sure how to. She then asked us how, but before we could answer, she told us how. She remembered the things we had taught her months ago, and suddenly felt like they were right. It was an amazing experience; she would ask us a question, but before we could answer, she would answer it herself! It's been a while since I've felt the Spirit as strong as I did in that lesson - it was so wonderful. 

The other story is that we had transfer calls this Saturday, and I was so antsy because I KNEW I would be transferring; I was on my third companion in the area, and I was already on my fourth transfer in the area (the average is two companions in an area, and three transfers in an area). So I was waiting right next to the phone, so nervous to hear where I would be going, and... NO ONE EVER CALLED! WE ARE SAFE! NO TRANSFERS!! This means I will be staying another transfer with Sister Peterson, and going on my FIFTH transfer in the area. This is SO rare for a sister, to be a total of 7 and a half months in a single area, but I know there's something that I have to do here that I haven't done yet. 

"There may be something there that wasn't there before!" (Beauty and the Beast)