Monday, October 6, 2014

#54 "Once Upon a December"

Thiiiiiis week. This week? This week. What happened this week? I don't remember. Let me grab my planner and check!

Oh yeah! I had another one of those fantastic weeks! I'll just tell you my favorite part though. This week I had the opportunity to do a companion exchange with a certain Sister Ishida. Does she sound familiar? She SHOULD! She was my TRAINER!! 
Back Together with Sister Ishida (Oct. 2014)
It was a wonderful day with her, and I felt like I was a Bean again...except I can speak more Japanese...no that's a lie, I still can't speak Japanese, haha. We switched companions at around lunch, after we went out together, and then we trained back to Inuyama, only to grab some exercise clothes and head out to go work in a member's field for service. We spent the entire train ride out there talking about the wonderful members of Komatsu ward, and all of our crazy and lovely investigators we met out there. We shared inside jokes and phrases we used to say to each other to make us laugh. I absolutely loved working out in the fields of Japan again. I didn't dig ditches again, but I got to pull weeds and to bring in all the vegetables from this summer season. I also came face to face with a spider who's abdomen was about the size of a quarter-sized round super ball. Other than him, I had a blast being back in the dirt again. I loved working on the fields of Komatsu, and being on the fields of Inuyama, with my trainer... It was just wonderful.  

The nights have been getting cooler too, and with the large rainfall from the typhoon that's just come in, I've been reminded over and over again of my days and cold, rainy nights, of my Beanhood in Komatsu. It feels strange knowing that a year ago, I was preparing to come here. Once upon a December, right? It feels strange to know how much I have grown, and changed, since then. But at the same time, I have loved how I've changed, and I'm so grateful I've got a couple more months to grow much more.