Monday, September 8, 2014

#50 "Bippity Boppity Boo!"

I always thought the Fairy Godmother from Cinderella was rather odd. I couldn't tell if she was intentionally trying to be funny, or if she was just crazy. Either way, she makes good dresses.

Well as the Fairy Godmother gave Cinderella a curfew it seems Sister Abe and I have hit ours. We had transfer calls on Saturday and....drumroll please....She is out of here! Sister Abe is moving to Nagano-ken, out way in the mountains. Her new companion will be Sister Aoki (sounds familiar? She was my companion BEFORE Sister Abe. Crazy, right?) We've been busy packing her up and getting her ready to go, there were addresses to exchange and numbers to steal and a lot of cleaning for me to do. Why a lot of cleaning? Because I will be staying! I will be staying in Fukutoku ward (which is Nagoya city), and my new companion is coming to me. Her name is Sister Peterson, and all I really know about her is that she was the captain of her college basketball team, she's super nice, she's super tall, she's from California, and during her mission her sister got married.... That's actually quite a bit I know about her, I think it's kind of funny how much we as missionaries stalk each other.

She will be coming to Fukutoku to hang out with me, and she is only 1 transfer older than me! It will be so nice to be around a missionary that is so experienced again, I already know that we are going to work well together. Oh, I forgot to mention, she is a Sister Training Leader, which means that she calls, helps and does exchanges with the other sisters in our zone. At first when I thought heard that, I thought it was odd she was coming to be MY companion. Usually they pair the new with the old to help the new to learn from the old. I figured maybe they figured out that I still have a LOT to learn hahaha. But nope, it turns out they want us to be a co-senior companionship....which means, they asked ME to be a Sister Training Leader too!

I told them they were crazy, and asked them to make sure they had the right Sister Johnson (there are actually two of us out here). They said they did, and just laughed at me....hmm.... I laughed too, but I think it was more a nervous laugh. I'm going to be a Sister Training Leader for all of the sisters in Gifu, Ichinomiya, and Inuyama, I'll be staying in Fukutoku until at least October, I'm on my third companion in this area, and this is the life of the Sister Amelia Johnson in Nagoya, Japan. Wish me luck!