Sunday, May 25, 2014

#35 "And the World Will Know"

Week 2 in my new area in the city of Nagoya and I still absolutely love it. There's so many people to talk to here! We go from activity to activity, from house to house, talking with every person we can. So, for this week, the Disney reference is from Newsies. As you already may have guessed I cannot for the life of me remember lyrics perfectly. And without the aid of Google, I'm left to my always-lacking memory. I do remember one phrase from a song in Newsies that is stuck in my head from time to time as we go around talking to people:

"And the world will know what we have to say!" 

Although the Newsies and the missionaries have two very different messages, the drive to share those messages comes together in that phrase. The world will know what we have to say! 

Sister Aoki and I talk to a lot of people every day, but usually, nine times out of ten, people walk away saying they are not interested in hearing our message. It can be frustrating to feel God warming my heart, to know these teachings to be true, but to have someone not give you the time of day. They read your name tag, see 'Jesus Christ' written there, and then cut you off and walk away. You know, Jesus is actually a pretty great guy. I think everyone should at least get to know him. 

Anyways, at these times of discouragement, I have this phrase pop into my head and I realize that even if they don't listen to the second sentence I try to stumble through in my horrid Japanese, they'll know at least a portion of the truth we teach, and they can hopefully learn more in the future. 

Even if I only get to tell them a sentence of what I know to be true, I know that single sentence by single sentence, they will eventually hear our message. It might take some time, some days, months, years or so, with thousands of missionaries stopping them to tell them what they know to be true, but I know that eventually everyone will know just who this Jesus Christ really is.