Monday, March 31, 2014

#28 "Little April Showers"

I was going to save this Disney reference for when it actually was the middle of April, but seeing as it will be April tomorrow, and I live in Komatsu where it rains pretty much daily, I'll share it now. Do you remember that song in Bambi where it starts to rain? They sing "drip drip drop little April showers..." and a whole bunch of other words that I actually don't know. What I do know is that the rain starts out as a drop or two and turns into a huge storm, and then returns to a couple of drops again. I feel this song perfectly describes Komatsu weather...
We had a couple of downpours this week, and somehow when it rains, it takes a lot of time to do very little. We still make sure we work hard every day, but because this week was very slow, I don't have much to write.
My companion and I are still doing very well. We absolutely love each other and talk about how after our missions we are definitely going to meet up. We still hit our frustrations, we are very similar in some ways and polar opposites in others. But what can you expect from spending 24/7 with a person and having to work with them to do anything? We realized the other day how lucky we are. We were complete strangers, barely new each others' name, but we work together, forgive each other, and love each other. We still have the ability to talk to each other for hours... it sometimes can be difficult to stop talking and laughing. AND SINGING. We love to sing together.
So that's us for right now; we're just two missionaries in Komatsu singing in the rain.